New Insights offers psychological testing and assessment for teens and adults. This is currently done through a combination of telehealth visits and in person testing with mitigated procedures based on CDC and state recommendations for social distancing due to risk related to COVID-19. We also offer some limited therapeutic services. We do not offer ongoing individual psychotherapy. Please see our Assessment and Interventions & Other Services sections for additional information.
As an outpatient clinic New Insights is required to follow recommendations for healthcare settings including but not limited to the use of masks by both patient and provider throughout the appointment. It is mandated that workers in healthcare settings be fully vaccinated. Patients seeking an assessment will be expected to adhere to COVID screening and safety measures which will be discussed prior to services.
We offer different levels of assessment from a screening to a comprehensive mental health assessment. We can address questions in several areas. There are some things that are outside our area of expertise. We will discuss this with you and help you decide what might best fit your needs.
- Diagnostic assessment
- Comprehensive mental health assessment
- Diagnostic clarification and/or multiple co-morbidity
- Court ordered assessment
Examples are not exhaustive. If you don’t see what you are looking for, fill out a referral request to discuss options. If it is not something we can help with, we will provide you with some appropriate referrals.
- Mood ( e.g. depression, bipolar disorder, seasonal affective disorder)
- Anxiety (e.g. OCD, PTSD, panic, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, somatic )
- Neurodevelopmental differences (autism spectrum, ADHD, intellectual disability, giftedness)
- Psychosis (schizophrenia, delusional disorders, schizoaffective),
- Personality dysfunction and attachment problems
Concerns that would need to be referred to another professional
- Eating disorders
- Dissociative trauma as a primary presenting problem
- Neurodevelopmental disorders for individuals without verbal fluency
- Assessments for children under 13
- Neuropsychological assessments for things like dementia or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)